Collection Chest Pickup rate too low for Autoplanters?

Aug 5, 2019
Minecraft IGN
inSide_Studios
I have set up 2 Autoplanter netherwart farms but after the water breaks the warts many stacks are not picked up by the chest. The collection chest is in the same chunk as the whole planter. Any ideas how to fix this because currently the farm doesn't make any profit at all. Maybe delay the wart breaking time between each layer by some repeaters? Or does the Collection chest only pick up stuff until it's full so I would need a 2nd chest in that chunk to get the remaining?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 24, 2019
Minecraft IGN
CosmicClasher
Not sure if you're aware of this, but you can make a collection chest into a double chest, basically doubling the amount of a crop it can pick up. In my past experiences with auto farms, a double chest was always enough room to pick up all the crops in that chunk. You would just need to shift right click a normal chest to the side of a collection chest.

Jul 5, 2019
Minecraft IGN
Terminus561
If you're comfortable playing with the redstone you can also try harvesting only half a farm at a time to reduce the amount that needs to be collected. Most clocks have 2 out of phase outputs anyway.

Aug 5, 2019
Minecraft IGN
inSide_Studios
Allright I did some testing and TheDarkKnight was right - for a 7x7x7 you need 3 Collection Chests. Enlarging Collection Chest with a normal chest does NOT increase the amount of items they pick up at once!

Thanks for your help!

Loxtech

General
Closed Beta Tester

Nov 22, 2018
Minecraft IGN
Loxtech
Hmm so my 18 autoplanters are wasting nether wart, hmm welp i guess i gotta fix that