Lootboxes for next map

Feb 18, 2019
Minecraft IGN
Rekty_Dude
This is my opinion.
Lootboxes fucked up the economy HARD, almost every week there were new items or items that went either up or down in price by a lot, essentially if you have the money you could be the number one island just by selling lootbox items and getting lootbox recipes.

1. Recipes. Recipes in lootboxes are fine, to an extent. When chorus first arrived it came through a lootbox, this is a shitty way to introduce an item in my and most others opinion. Same goes for the custom recipes but i think they were available in other things too (Br lootbag, adventures n that)

2. Armor. This is the most annoying part. Me and a couple others worked on diamond godsets pretty early on the map so we could dominate pvp wise and all that. i managed to get a full p3 set with more or less all enchants and 1 socket per piece. only to find out a couple weeks later that lootboxes came out and not long after that they had full god pieces (p4 unb3 2 socket, and 2 socket s5unb3 weapons) This was a huge letdown as we used hours upon hours grinding for a decent diamond set for it just to be DESTROYED by the lootbox items. it currently is impossible to create a set nearly as good as the lootbox pieces for anything close to the price a lootbox is worth.
Also diamond gear is not worth it in general costs too much with too little of a boost.

Please dont **** up the economy next map like you did this map, learn from your mistakes pleaseee.
Theres reasons 90% of the playerbase quit after a couple months, this was probs a big one.

Harrypotterfan07

Cosmonaut
Closed Beta Tester

Nov 22, 2018
Minecraft IGN
Harrypotterfan07
not having them for the first weeks would be the best.
I agree that that would be best for the players, and with the eco however if you look at it from a business perspective thats when they will make the most money :/ so idk if they will actually not have one. Also i wasnt expecting reset to happen this week so i didnt prep and but lootboxs to leave in my claim for reset like people do on prisons.

Feb 18, 2019
Minecraft IGN
Rekty_Dude
I agree that that would be best for the players, and with the eco however if you look at it from a business perspective thats when they will make the most money :/ so idk if they will actually not have one. Also i wasnt expecting reset to happen this week so i didnt prep and but lootboxs to leave in my claim for reset like people do on prisons.
They’ll make the most money at once if they instantly have lootboxes, yes. The downside which is also from a business perspective is that they’ll be making the server p2w from the start and it’ll most likely lose 90% if it’s players. So they make a lot of money quickly, but will probs have a bad income over time

Feb 25, 2019
Minecraft IGN
MonsterDaRanD
They’ll make the most money at once if they instantly have lootboxes, yes. The downside which is also from a business perspective is that they’ll be making the server p2w from the start and it’ll most likely lose 90% if it’s players. So they make a lot of money quickly, but will probs have a bad income over time
Ok yes I can see why you think that they were lose 90% of there players because the only people who would get anywhere are the ones who buy it but that all isn’t true. I know this from playing map one. If you know what your really doing, you have friends that you can complete stuff together and you want to play then you can be up of the top. Yes it will take longer but being P2W doesn’t break the eco or make the players leave. Being Honest the only people who would leave are those salty about not being able to buy a loot box. And those players don’t complete wanted to play but just wanted free stuff ect

But yes cosmic is a business and need players to buy stuff from them to stay up

Feb 18, 2019
Minecraft IGN
Rekty_Dude
Ok yes I can see why you think that they were lose 90% of there players because the only people who would get anywhere are the ones who buy it but that all isn’t true. I know this from playing map one. If you know what your really doing, you have friends that you can complete stuff together and you want to play then you can be up of the top. Yes it will take longer but being P2W doesn’t break the eco or make the players leave. Being Honest the only people who would leave are those salty about not being able to buy a loot box. And those players don’t complete wanted to play but just wanted free stuff ect

But yes cosmic is a business and need players to buy stuff from them to stay up
P2w was needed to get chorus

There’s a reason sky had 2000+ players at reset and only 90 a couple hours before reset.

Even THE top player quit, was this because he was salty he couldn’t buy a lootbox?
Literally every Friday people were afraid the eco would be screwed over once again, which usually happens.
Most people probably quit due to the bad meta and bad farming system, but lootboxes definitely helped in reducing the population of the server

Feb 17, 2019
Minecraft IGN
KillScar
This is my opinion.
Lootboxes fucked up the economy HARD, almost every week there were new items or items that went either up or down in price by a lot, essentially if you have the money you could be the number one island just by selling lootbox items and getting lootbox recipes.

1. Recipes. Recipes in lootboxes are fine, to an extent. When chorus first arrived it came through a lootbox, this is a shitty way to introduce an item in my and most others opinion. Same goes for the custom recipes but i think they were available in other things too (Br lootbag, adventures n that)

2. Armor. This is the most annoying part. Me and a couple others worked on diamond godsets pretty early on the map so we could dominate pvp wise and all that. i managed to get a full p3 set with more or less all enchants and 1 socket per piece. only to find out a couple weeks later that lootboxes came out and not long after that they had full god pieces (p4 unb3 2 socket, and 2 socket s5unb3 weapons) This was a huge letdown as we used hours upon hours grinding for a decent diamond set for it just to be DESTROYED by the lootbox items. it currently is impossible to create a set nearly as good as the lootbox pieces for anything close to the price a lootbox is worth.
Also diamond gear is not worth it in general costs too much with too little of a boost.

Please dont **** up the economy next map like you did this map, learn from your mistakes pleaseee.
Theres reasons 90% of the playerbase quit after a couple months, this was probs a big one.
I completely agree with you, and seeing how lootbox gear was implemented this map from the perspective of one of the biggest pvpers, I really saw how it changed late game pvp aswell. As lootbox gear became more OP every lootbox, your godset would just be useless the next lootbox. Example: They introduced the «party hat» in one of the foirst looboxes. Skip ahead 1 1/2 months they havent released another god helmet. By this time they are rare, and go for A LOT. I add implants and last stand 4, which is super hard to get without lootbox gear, and i have one of the best helmets in the server. Then friday comes around. BOOM! implants 3!!!!! LAST STAND 4!!!
But thats not the worst part. IT HAS MORE SOCKETS. WTF.

My suggestion: Either make it easier to obtain god pieces through game, as adventures etc. Or remove / nerf a ton from lootbox.

EternalMayhem

General
Closed Beta Tester

Dec 18, 2018
Minecraft IGN
EternalMayhem
This is my opinion.

Das a big fact... I had a max p3 gset and was slightly maybe flexing with it, then lootboxes came out a few weeks later, and as sky got more and more dull, I quit like 95% of my alliance members did.

Feb 18, 2019
Minecraft IGN
Rekty_Dude
Das a big fact... I had a max p3 gset and was slightly maybe flexing with it, then lootboxes came out a few weeks later, and as sky got more and more dull, I quit like 95% of my alliance members did.
yea same

Harrypotterfan07

Cosmonaut
Closed Beta Tester

Nov 22, 2018
Minecraft IGN
Harrypotterfan07
P2w was needed to get chorus

There’s a reason sky had 2000+ players at reset and only 90 a couple hours before reset.

Even THE top player quit, was this because he was salty he couldn’t buy a lootbox?
Literally every Friday people were afraid the eco would be screwed over once again, which usually happens.
Most people probably quit due to the bad meta and bad farming system, but lootboxes definitely helped in reducing the population of the server
I mean tbh legendary quit after 1 season of prisons as well, im not actually super surprised hes quit sky

Harrypotterfan07

Cosmonaut
Closed Beta Tester

Nov 22, 2018
Minecraft IGN
Harrypotterfan07
The reason people quit was because people couldn't get a carrot recipe.
I mean later i guess, most people who quit were part of the top alliances though, they quit cause there was no content after 3 weeks. Some also quit cause eco kinda broke with the second and third lootbox, but it was mostly they were bored and had nothing to do, i know a decent amount who quit just went and played the sov reset on prisons or legacy on pvp.

Feb 17, 2019
Minecraft IGN
KillScar
Lol theres going to be lootboxs, were just saying not at the start, or like try and not make them as OP cause they were the only way to get chorus fruit basically
Yeah of course there is gonna be lootboxes, i understand why ppl are mad that theyre so op, but why would they remove them completely when they make fat cash from it lol.
Also I bet a lot of the ppl that are saying they should remove them completely have bought multiple lootboxes themselves lol.

Dark_Mike

Cosmonaut

Nov 22, 2018
Minecraft IGN
Dark_Mike
Never bought a lootbox but always bought all the items from each one bc they were insanely op and the entire standard for PvP changed each week they completely f***ed the game

Harrypotterfan07

Cosmonaut
Closed Beta Tester

Nov 22, 2018
Minecraft IGN
Harrypotterfan07
Yeah of course there is gonna be lootboxes, i understand why ppl are mad that theyre so op, but why would they remove them completely when they make fat cash from it lol.
Also I bet a lot of the ppl that are saying they should remove them completely have bought multiple lootboxes themselves lol.
Yeah i agree, i never bought them, i won a couple from giveaways but never really felt the need to p2w as a solo last season.

Pooka

Cosmonaut
Closed Beta Tester

Dec 3, 2018
Minecraft IGN
th3po0ka
idk, they learned a lot from the last season, I'm sure Lootboxes will be better managed